Hurricane Matthew Relief
Consider donating to small nonprofits, like Power For The Children, which are already on the ground in Haiti (so don't need to be flown in, housed, fed, and oriented at a higher cost). We know the local people, other local organizations, resources, and ways to get help where it is needed most efficiently. Click DONATE for a tax deductible contribution or directly email email@example.com for specific ways to help.
Other Aid Work in Haiti
Here are examples of other ongoing projects in Haiti:
- Providing immediate and simple solutions (basic medical care, food, vitamins or transportation) for children and widows with obvious health issues, like malnourishment/starvation, dehydration, injuries, scabies (a skin condition where hair is lost and there are rashes), etc.
- Housing, feeding, and providing education to some orphaned and fatherless children and sometimes widowed mothers (according to our financial capability-we need monthly sponsors).
- Partner with locals and medical, scholastic and religious nonprofits, provide a network and support system for widows and husbandless women and their children where assistance can be provided in situations of rape, medical illness, job opportunities, sharing material resources, new small business operations, etc. can be developed.
- Some examples of new small businesses created: making/selling bead jewelry, producing/selling roasted coffee, repairing cell phones, making/selling flip flops, etc.
- Provide construction support to local orphanages and schools, setting up solar power, wind turbine power, and various forms of repair.
- Helping to shut down “orphanages” starting up that are not legitimate or safe, based on personal investigations and communication with locals.